History

The Astrid was build as a lugger in 1918 in Scheveningen Holland. She was called W.U.T.A. which as a  Dutch letter word for: “Bide Your Time”. After that she came into Swedish hands and her name was changed into Astrid. She carried cargo in the Baltic Sea. In 1975 her days seemed to be counted when she was sold to take part in questionable practices under Lebanese flag: she was finally found in English waters, abandoned and burnt to a shell.

From there she got into British hands in 1984. InEngland she was overhauled completely and got her impressive rigging. She served as a training vessel for young people for many years. In Dutch hands again she was converted into a traditional, luxury sailing vessel in 1999.

Nowadays the Astrid is inspected and approved to trade worldwide after nearly a century of proven seaworthiness.

NextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnail
g1
g10
g11
g12
g13
g14
g15
g16
g17
g18
g19
g2
g20
g21
g22
g23
g24
g25
g26
g27
g3
g4
g5
g6
g7
g8
g9
g0